Dr. Jeffrey Singer: Obamacare turns doctors into bureaucrats
This shift has been underway for decades. It began in the 1980s, when Medicare imposed price controls and a coding system on physicians who treated anyone over 65. The regulators believed that such standardization would lead to more accurate processing of Medicare claims.
It is easy to standardize treatment protocols. It is impossible to standardize individual patients.
Enter Obamacare. Because Medicare’s price controls ripple across the entire health care industry, any changes to its fiscal stability will affect nearly the entire medical profession. Yet in an attempt to keep Medicare fiscally stable (which it needs to be, with 10,000 Americans turning 65 every day), Obamacare sacrifices the patient by pushing doctors to the sidelines.
I joined the medical profession because I want to serve patients, not fill out forms. Thousands of others feel the same way I do.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton gala marks school's 200th anniversary - 0
- Inventive teens in national spotlight today - 0
- Exchange program draws Chinese students to Pinkerton - 0
- Manchester business leaders urged to get involved in schools - 10
- School district at odds over distribution of 'pocket Constitutions' - 21
- New evaluations developed for Nashua teachers - 0
- Degree program offers savings to Manchester teachers - 3
- Report on Manchester schools cites falling test scores, higher dropout rates among ongoing challenges - 19
- Wilton, Lyndeborough students imagine 'Whirled Peace' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance