Stacey Jane’s, a popular karaoke bar in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire, has been found guilty of copyright infringement for not obtaining proper licenses for their patron ‘sing-a-long’ songs. A federal judge ruled that each of the seven violations will cost the owner $2,500 plus attorney fees, resulting in over $17,500 in damagesCLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment