Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Three arrested in Manchester for drug sales
Police have been watching a home at 219 Laurel St. for months, according to a release issued by Manchester police. They stopped a vehicle driven by occupants of the address at the Lincoln Street Plaza about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Members of the city's Special Enforcement Division were assisted by Manchester S.W.A.T. members in the planned takedown.
Arrested were Geraldy Santiago Martinez, 25, and Shanti Jehlicka, 20, both of 219 Laurel St., who were in the car. Santiago Martinez, the driver, was charged with two counts of possession with intent to distribute, a class A felony, as well as felon in possession of a firearm, a class A felony, and habitual offender. Jehlicka was charged with two counts of possession with intent to distribute and receiving stolen property, a class A felony.
Detectives say that in addition to the drugs, they confiscated a stolen handgun and more than 200 rounds of ammunition. Police said the handgun was traded earlier in the day in exchange for heroin. The gun was traced back to a Manchester burglary in December.
Detectives and S.W.A.T. team members executed a search warrant at the Laurel Street home, which police say they believe is the location of one of the major suppliers of drugs within the city.
At the home, they arrested Michael Santiago, 25, of 31 Porter St., Lawrence, Mass., after police say he attempted to run from the house. They charged him with possession with intent to distribute, a class A felony, possession of a controlled drug, a class B felony, falsifying physical evidence, and resisting arrest.
Police said they saw Santiago throw a package out a second-story window of the home upon their arrival, and they said it contained 93 grams of heroin and 10 oxycodone pills.
All three were arraigned Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
Jehlicka was also arraigned on an additional felony charge of sale of a narcotic, stemming from alleged sale of crack cocaine and heroin at the Laurel Street address last September.Bail for Jehlicka was set at $10,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing scheduled for April 2.
Bail for both Santiago and Santiago Martinez was set at $25,000 cash/surety, with probable cause hearings set for April 2. One of the bail conditions for Santiago Martinez was a signed waiver of extradition. Trial for Santiago on the resisting arrest charge was set for April 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 2
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 4
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
- Claremont's Tarczewski lifts Arizona - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483