Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Mother describes daughter’s call in Dartmouth rape trial
She described her distraught 18-year-old daughter calling home last spring and attempting to tell her what had happened.
“I made sure she had escorts everywhere she went” on campus, the mother testified, saying she arrived in Hanover to be with her daughter a couple of days after receiving her call.
In a trial that’s scheduled to last two weeks, the alleged victim was on the stand Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.
The alleged victim, however, testified that Gilbert ignored her after she awoke and said several times that she did not want to have sex with him.
Paul Danyow, a Dartmouth student who said he was living in a room in the same dormitory as the alleged victim last spring, testified that they and another female student, the woman’s roommate, had attended a fraternity party earlier in the night after a session of “pre-gaming” in the women’s dorm room. He said that was a Dartmouth term for drinking before going out for an evening that could involve drinking games, which he said he later participated in at the fraternity.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 37
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917