Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Mother describes daughter’s call in Dartmouth rape trial
She described her distraught 18-year-old daughter calling home last spring and attempting to tell her what had happened.
“I made sure she had escorts everywhere she went” on campus, the mother testified, saying she arrived in Hanover to be with her daughter a couple of days after receiving her call.
In a trial that’s scheduled to last two weeks, the alleged victim was on the stand Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.
The alleged victim, however, testified that Gilbert ignored her after she awoke and said several times that she did not want to have sex with him.
Paul Danyow, a Dartmouth student who said he was living in a room in the same dormitory as the alleged victim last spring, testified that they and another female student, the woman’s roommate, had attended a fraternity party earlier in the night after a session of “pre-gaming” in the women’s dorm room. He said that was a Dartmouth term for drinking before going out for an evening that could involve drinking games, which he said he later participated in at the fraternity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917