Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Mother describes daughter’s call in Dartmouth rape trial
She described her distraught 18-year-old daughter calling home last spring and attempting to tell her what had happened.
“I made sure she had escorts everywhere she went” on campus, the mother testified, saying she arrived in Hanover to be with her daughter a couple of days after receiving her call.
In a trial that’s scheduled to last two weeks, the alleged victim was on the stand Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.
The alleged victim, however, testified that Gilbert ignored her after she awoke and said several times that she did not want to have sex with him.
Paul Danyow, a Dartmouth student who said he was living in a room in the same dormitory as the alleged victim last spring, testified that they and another female student, the woman’s roommate, had attended a fraternity party earlier in the night after a session of “pre-gaming” in the women’s dorm room. He said that was a Dartmouth term for drinking before going out for an evening that could involve drinking games, which he said he later participated in at the fraternity.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917