City health savings disappoint Manchester officials
“We were hoping the plan change would save money,” said Guy Beloin, the city’s assistant finance director.
Beloin told the committee that claims data had to be further analyzed to determine whether the higher than anticipated health costs were being driven by city employees getting more treatment or by higher costs for care.
Later on Tuesday, the full Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted to move forward a proposal for the city to hire a $48,000-per-year wellness coordinator who would provide guidance to employees on nutrition, exercise and receiving preventive medical care. The board voted, without discussion, to send the proposal to the Committee on Human Resources.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
- Utility pole licensing changes could raise rates in Derry - 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 1
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 18
- Fitch lowers Manchester's bond rating - 0
- Apartments, retail area approved on 150-acre parcel in Merrimack - 0
- Derry residents angered over property neglect by downtown landlords - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 19
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.