Home » News » Public Safety
Claremont Christian Academy director in medically-induced coma after tree accident
Adam Barton was trimming trees at his Claremont home Saturday when a tree limb fell, hit him and caused a serious head injury. He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he underwent surgery.
He and his wife Melanie Barton have three children and are expecting their fourth child.
“No one really knew how bad things were till hours later when he had to go into surgery,” said friend Billy Blanchard of Claremont Tuesday.
“He just does a fantastic job. Not just on curriculum, on character too,” Blanchard said. “He’s an awesome guy, and this is a horrible tragedy that I can’t even begin to imagine.”
As an emergency room nurse, Blanchard said he knows well the financial strain on families during a medical crisis.
The money raised will be given to Melanie Barton to help her pay whatever expenses she has, he said. “If it lessens one more burden for her, perfect.”
On Tuesday, Blanchard said Barton is still in a medically induced coma, but was responding to pain stimuli applied to his legs.
Blanchard said the Claremont Christian Academy community is asking for prayers.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads