Home » News » Public Safety
Claremont Christian Academy director in medically-induced coma after tree accident
Adam Barton was trimming trees at his Claremont home Saturday when a tree limb fell, hit him and caused a serious head injury. He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he underwent surgery.
He and his wife Melanie Barton have three children and are expecting their fourth child.
“No one really knew how bad things were till hours later when he had to go into surgery,” said friend Billy Blanchard of Claremont Tuesday.
“He just does a fantastic job. Not just on curriculum, on character too,” Blanchard said. “He’s an awesome guy, and this is a horrible tragedy that I can’t even begin to imagine.”
As an emergency room nurse, Blanchard said he knows well the financial strain on families during a medical crisis.
The money raised will be given to Melanie Barton to help her pay whatever expenses she has, he said. “If it lessens one more burden for her, perfect.”
On Tuesday, Blanchard said Barton is still in a medically induced coma, but was responding to pain stimuli applied to his legs.
Blanchard said the Claremont Christian Academy community is asking for prayers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 1
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 2
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 3
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.