Home » News » Public Safety
Claremont Christian Academy director in medically-induced coma after tree accident
Adam Barton was trimming trees at his Claremont home Saturday when a tree limb fell, hit him and caused a serious head injury. He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he underwent surgery.
He and his wife Melanie Barton have three children and are expecting their fourth child.
“No one really knew how bad things were till hours later when he had to go into surgery,” said friend Billy Blanchard of Claremont Tuesday.
“He just does a fantastic job. Not just on curriculum, on character too,” Blanchard said. “He’s an awesome guy, and this is a horrible tragedy that I can’t even begin to imagine.”
As an emergency room nurse, Blanchard said he knows well the financial strain on families during a medical crisis.
The money raised will be given to Melanie Barton to help her pay whatever expenses she has, he said. “If it lessens one more burden for her, perfect.”
On Tuesday, Blanchard said Barton is still in a medically induced coma, but was responding to pain stimuli applied to his legs.
Blanchard said the Claremont Christian Academy community is asking for prayers.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof