Home » News » Public Safety
Claremont Christian Academy director in medically-induced coma after tree accident
Adam Barton was trimming trees at his Claremont home Saturday when a tree limb fell, hit him and caused a serious head injury. He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he underwent surgery.
He and his wife Melanie Barton have three children and are expecting their fourth child.
“No one really knew how bad things were till hours later when he had to go into surgery,” said friend Billy Blanchard of Claremont Tuesday.
“He just does a fantastic job. Not just on curriculum, on character too,” Blanchard said. “He’s an awesome guy, and this is a horrible tragedy that I can’t even begin to imagine.”
As an emergency room nurse, Blanchard said he knows well the financial strain on families during a medical crisis.
The money raised will be given to Melanie Barton to help her pay whatever expenses she has, he said. “If it lessens one more burden for her, perfect.”
On Tuesday, Blanchard said Barton is still in a medically induced coma, but was responding to pain stimuli applied to his legs.
Blanchard said the Claremont Christian Academy community is asking for prayers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate