Old Man Winter howls as spring arrives
Snowfall or a wintry mix will usher in the spring equinox for much of New Hampshire.
Spring officially begins at 12:57 p.m. Thursday and will arrive to a couple of inches of fresh snowfall for the northern part of the state, according to forecasts.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that extends from Lebanon, just north of Concord, and easterly toward Dover and the Seacoast.
A hazardous weather outlook is issued for southern New Hampshire, which will likely see rain turning to sleet and snow after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters are warning of a tricky commute for anyone on the roads Thursday morning.
And yet, signs of spring are everywhere: Cremeland Drive-in in Manchester has been open since March 8; opening day for the Red Sox is 12 days away (at Baltimore); and maple-sugaring season is here, with New Hampshire Maple Weekend with more than 100 sugar houses open this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 1
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'