Old Man Winter howls as spring arrives
Snowfall or a wintry mix will usher in the spring equinox for much of New Hampshire.
Spring officially begins at 12:57 p.m. Thursday and will arrive to a couple of inches of fresh snowfall for the northern part of the state, according to forecasts.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that extends from Lebanon, just north of Concord, and easterly toward Dover and the Seacoast.
A hazardous weather outlook is issued for southern New Hampshire, which will likely see rain turning to sleet and snow after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters are warning of a tricky commute for anyone on the roads Thursday morning.
And yet, signs of spring are everywhere: Cremeland Drive-in in Manchester has been open since March 8; opening day for the Red Sox is 12 days away (at Baltimore); and maple-sugaring season is here, with New Hampshire Maple Weekend with more than 100 sugar houses open this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt