Old Man Winter howls as spring arrives
Snowfall or a wintry mix will usher in the spring equinox for much of New Hampshire.
Spring officially begins at 12:57 p.m. Thursday and will arrive to a couple of inches of fresh snowfall for the northern part of the state, according to forecasts.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that extends from Lebanon, just north of Concord, and easterly toward Dover and the Seacoast.
A hazardous weather outlook is issued for southern New Hampshire, which will likely see rain turning to sleet and snow after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters are warning of a tricky commute for anyone on the roads Thursday morning.
And yet, signs of spring are everywhere: Cremeland Drive-in in Manchester has been open since March 8; opening day for the Red Sox is 12 days away (at Baltimore); and maple-sugaring season is here, with New Hampshire Maple Weekend with more than 100 sugar houses open this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'