Old Man Winter howls as spring arrives
Snowfall or a wintry mix will usher in the spring equinox for much of New Hampshire.
Spring officially begins at 12:57 p.m. Thursday and will arrive to a couple of inches of fresh snowfall for the northern part of the state, according to forecasts.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that extends from Lebanon, just north of Concord, and easterly toward Dover and the Seacoast.
A hazardous weather outlook is issued for southern New Hampshire, which will likely see rain turning to sleet and snow after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters are warning of a tricky commute for anyone on the roads Thursday morning.
And yet, signs of spring are everywhere: Cremeland Drive-in in Manchester has been open since March 8; opening day for the Red Sox is 12 days away (at Baltimore); and maple-sugaring season is here, with New Hampshire Maple Weekend with more than 100 sugar houses open this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride