Old Man Winter howls as spring arrives
Snowfall or a wintry mix will usher in the spring equinox for much of New Hampshire.
Spring officially begins at 12:57 p.m. Thursday and will arrive to a couple of inches of fresh snowfall for the northern part of the state, according to forecasts.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that extends from Lebanon, just north of Concord, and easterly toward Dover and the Seacoast.
A hazardous weather outlook is issued for southern New Hampshire, which will likely see rain turning to sleet and snow after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters are warning of a tricky commute for anyone on the roads Thursday morning.
And yet, signs of spring are everywhere: Cremeland Drive-in in Manchester has been open since March 8; opening day for the Red Sox is 12 days away (at Baltimore); and maple-sugaring season is here, with New Hampshire Maple Weekend with more than 100 sugar houses open this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters