Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Forests
Group seeks to improve Livermore Falls area
"It's an amazing site. To me it's as nice as anything in Franconia Notch or the Flume," said Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, PSU's vice provost for research and engagement.
The falls area, which is located within the towns of Plymouth, Campton and Holderness, is owned by the state. It is a popular area for swimming and sightseeing, and above the falls area is the historically important "Pumpkin Seed" bridge, the remains of a bridge erected in 1886 that was closed in 1959.
In their report, the students recommended a new footbridge, repairing some of the broken fences protecting dangerous areas of the falls area, organized cleanup of the area and improved signage.
The campaign is called "Let's Make More out of Livermore" as Rotarians are suggesting that the area be made into a state park.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua