Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Judge rejects bid to toss abuse case against Plaistow man
Roland Dow, 28, of Plaistow is headed to trial on April 7 for allegedly abusing his girlfriend's 3-year-old son, after a judge refused to dismiss the case against him. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Judge Marguerite Wageling rejected a request by Roland Dow, 28, to dismiss indictments against him, clearing the way for his trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of first- and second-degree assault, according to a decision released Thursday.
Dow also faces charges that he made videos of the boy while coaching him on what to say in response to questions about his injuries. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges and remains at Rockingham County jail.
Linscott admitted to spanking her son and to "pushing him during an argument she was having with (Dow) and striking (her son) in the arm with a Windex bottle," according to court records.
Conway rejected Gleason's claims that Dow was subjected to "selective" prosecution and "bartered away" a potential assault case against Linscott. She is expected to be called as a state witness during Dow's trial.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
- Total Votes: 917