Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Judge rejects bid to toss abuse case against Plaistow man
Roland Dow, 28, of Plaistow is headed to trial on April 7 for allegedly abusing his girlfriend's 3-year-old son, after a judge refused to dismiss the case against him. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Judge Marguerite Wageling rejected a request by Roland Dow, 28, to dismiss indictments against him, clearing the way for his trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of first- and second-degree assault, according to a decision released Thursday.
Dow also faces charges that he made videos of the boy while coaching him on what to say in response to questions about his injuries. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges and remains at Rockingham County jail.
Linscott admitted to spanking her son and to "pushing him during an argument she was having with (Dow) and striking (her son) in the arm with a Windex bottle," according to court records.
Conway rejected Gleason's claims that Dow was subjected to "selective" prosecution and "bartered away" a potential assault case against Linscott. She is expected to be called as a state witness during Dow's trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 2
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 12
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy