2 New England College students win national award
Students from member colleges and universities researched, developed and advocated their opinions and positions on current public policy issues. It includes a Letters to an Elected Official competition in which students submit letters proposing innovative solutions to a wide variety of issues.
Their letter began, “We urge you to support and sponsor the House of Representatives (H.R.) Bill 1041…. This bill aims to set a national standard for early childhood education, improve focus on individuals by lowering class sizes and improving student-teacher ratios. The bill also aims to set higher standards and qualifications for teachers while allowing easier access to early childhood education for disadvantaged and Native American students.”
“We’re very proud that our students were among the winners (because) there are some very talented students in all of these colleges” said New England College President Michele Perkins.
Philanthropist Eugene M. Lang founded Project Pericles in 2001. He also founded the I Have Dream Foundation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town Hall hours in Salem up for debate - 0
- Coos County tax bills headed to unincorporated places - 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
- Utility pole licensing changes could raise rates in Derry - 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 1
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 18
- Fitch lowers Manchester's bond rating - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 2
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection