LHS club to host yard sale, electronics recycling event
LONDONDERRY — A globally minded group of high school students is calling on the community to help raise money for their latest project.
On March 29, members of Londonderry High School’s International Club will set up an electronics recycling station in the school’s main parking lot. A yard sale hosted by the Class of 2014 will be held the same day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Recycling hours will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with proceeds from the event to help the club host its annual International Night community event in May as well as assist the students in their recent sponsorship of Heifer International, a global famine relief charity.
Last year’s International Night offered guests the chance to travel the world without ever leaving Londonderry, featuring the foods, music and activities of countries such as Greece, Japan, France and China.
Sponsored by Recycle USA, the recycling station will give residents the chance to dispose of their old computers, televisions, VCRs, digital cameras, air conditioners, laptops and other pieces of electronic equipment for a small fee.
Recycle USA will then recycle those items in a responsible manner.
Items like refrigerators, ovens, washing machines, space heaters and light bulbs cannot be accepted.
For more information, visit www.recycleusa-LLC.email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 1
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 3
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance