LHS club to host yard sale, electronics recycling event
LONDONDERRY — A globally minded group of high school students is calling on the community to help raise money for their latest project.
On March 29, members of Londonderry High School’s International Club will set up an electronics recycling station in the school’s main parking lot. A yard sale hosted by the Class of 2014 will be held the same day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Recycling hours will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with proceeds from the event to help the club host its annual International Night community event in May as well as assist the students in their recent sponsorship of Heifer International, a global famine relief charity.
Last year’s International Night offered guests the chance to travel the world without ever leaving Londonderry, featuring the foods, music and activities of countries such as Greece, Japan, France and China.
Sponsored by Recycle USA, the recycling station will give residents the chance to dispose of their old computers, televisions, VCRs, digital cameras, air conditioners, laptops and other pieces of electronic equipment for a small fee.
Recycle USA will then recycle those items in a responsible manner.
Items like refrigerators, ovens, washing machines, space heaters and light bulbs cannot be accepted.
For more information, visit www.recycleusa-LLC.firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park