LHS club to host yard sale, electronics recycling event
LONDONDERRY — A globally minded group of high school students is calling on the community to help raise money for their latest project.
On March 29, members of Londonderry High School’s International Club will set up an electronics recycling station in the school’s main parking lot. A yard sale hosted by the Class of 2014 will be held the same day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Recycling hours will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with proceeds from the event to help the club host its annual International Night community event in May as well as assist the students in their recent sponsorship of Heifer International, a global famine relief charity.
Last year’s International Night offered guests the chance to travel the world without ever leaving Londonderry, featuring the foods, music and activities of countries such as Greece, Japan, France and China.
Sponsored by Recycle USA, the recycling station will give residents the chance to dispose of their old computers, televisions, VCRs, digital cameras, air conditioners, laptops and other pieces of electronic equipment for a small fee.
Recycle USA will then recycle those items in a responsible manner.
Items like refrigerators, ovens, washing machines, space heaters and light bulbs cannot be accepted.
For more information, visit www.recycleusa-LLC.email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads