Proposed rules a coup for Manchester chicken lovers?
Michael Rennie Jr. and his grandmother Alice Ward hold a chicken in this 2012 file photo taken in Manchester. (Union Leader)
Ward 1 Alderman Joyce Craig, the chairman of the Administration Committee, said she was concerned that the city didn't have the "processes in place" for a licensing system. "I wanted to do something that would allow people to have chickens with as little regulation as possible," she said.
At the committee meeting on Tuesday, Jane Beaulieu, a local activist and Democratic state representative, urged aldermen to create a legal framework for keeping chickens.
"I don't think they should have to get the approval of the neighborhood. If someone has a dog, or two or three, do they need to get the OK from their neighbors? And they can be much more of a nuisance than chickens," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads