Main Street renovation funds are approved in Nashua
On Wednesday, however, the committee reconsidered those two votes and ultimately approved the change orders. A special meeting of the aldermen had been planned for tonight to address the matter.
The committee, in reconsidering its previous vote, had little discussion on the matter. It also approved two separate funding requests associated with the ongoing downtown renovations, including $43,352 for light poles and $13,485 for light fixtures.
Tracy Pappas, commissioner for the board of public works, argued that her board never reviewed the requested truck purchases — aside from a brief replacement schedule review.
Commissioner Tim Lavoie of the board of public works requested a legal opinion on the matter, which maintained that the finance committee is limited in its scope of responsibility.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revenue from gas tax increase ramps up paving state highways - 1
- Executive Council approves Medicaid expansion contract - 0
- 'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England - 0
- Vanity plate rules seek balance - 25
- Gov. Hassan signs Paycheck Fairness Act - 0
- PILOT agreement allowed to stand after Hassan signs bill - 0
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Havenstein says use of 'teabaggers' a 'poor choice of words' - 36
- Abortion buffer-zone law awaits Thursday, when it goes on the books - 0
- State to sell building to Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's