Main Street renovation funds are approved in Nashua
On Wednesday, however, the committee reconsidered those two votes and ultimately approved the change orders. A special meeting of the aldermen had been planned for tonight to address the matter.
The committee, in reconsidering its previous vote, had little discussion on the matter. It also approved two separate funding requests associated with the ongoing downtown renovations, including $43,352 for light poles and $13,485 for light fixtures.
Tracy Pappas, commissioner for the board of public works, argued that her board never reviewed the requested truck purchases — aside from a brief replacement schedule review.
Commissioner Tim Lavoie of the board of public works requested a legal opinion on the matter, which maintained that the finance committee is limited in its scope of responsibility.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads