Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack police warn students playing 'Assassins' game
The game, which involves students stalking and shooting human targets with water guns, could go too far and may lead to tragedy, said police and school officials.
The game’s popularity has grown throughout the nation and gets going with the warmer weather. While rules vary, the activity is well organized with different layers, said Johnson. He said the game — if it goes too far — could potentially be in violation of certain laws.
On Wednesday evening, two participants collided their vehicles while trying to eliminate an opponent, said Capt. Peter Albert.
Police said the incident was “a serious error in judgment, and the involved parties are extremely lucky that no one was seriously injured during the collision.”
In past years, Albert said citizens were reporting suspicious individuals in their yards at night, which turned out to be teens climbing fences and cutting through yards to ambush fellow players. While the senior class organizes the game and is aware of its guidelines and rules, Albert said that the rest of the community may not be familiar with what is taking place.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate