Home » News » Public Safety
Body found off Wallis Sands Beach to be autopsied
Members of N.H. Marine Patrol, U.S. Coast Guard and local police responded just after 2 p.m. after a body was spotted in the water near 987 Ocean Boulevard, which is near Glendale Road – Route 1A.
Identification would likely come after an autopsy.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert Simpson said Coast Guard Station Portsmouth members responded to assist, but arrived after Marine Patrol recovered the body, which was brought to a medical examiner.
"We're just helping with the recovery," Simpson said, adding the Coast Guard will assist Marine Patrol with the investigation if needed.
"It's not correlating with any incident," Simpson said. There have been no reports of missing ships or mariners in the area, he said.
"No further details are being released at this time as officers are still involved in the initial phases of the investigation," according to a release.
Rye police referred inquiries to the Marine Patrol, which is handling the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 18
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.