Home » News » Public Safety
Body found off Wallis Sands Beach to be autopsied
Members of N.H. Marine Patrol, U.S. Coast Guard and local police responded just after 2 p.m. after a body was spotted in the water near 987 Ocean Boulevard, which is near Glendale Road – Route 1A.
Identification would likely come after an autopsy.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert Simpson said Coast Guard Station Portsmouth members responded to assist, but arrived after Marine Patrol recovered the body, which was brought to a medical examiner.
"We're just helping with the recovery," Simpson said, adding the Coast Guard will assist Marine Patrol with the investigation if needed.
"It's not correlating with any incident," Simpson said. There have been no reports of missing ships or mariners in the area, he said.
"No further details are being released at this time as officers are still involved in the initial phases of the investigation," according to a release.
Rye police referred inquiries to the Marine Patrol, which is handling the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 2
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection