Home » News » Public Safety
Body found off Wallis Sands Beach to be autopsied
Members of N.H. Marine Patrol, U.S. Coast Guard and local police responded just after 2 p.m. after a body was spotted in the water near 987 Ocean Boulevard, which is near Glendale Road – Route 1A.
Identification would likely come after an autopsy.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert Simpson said Coast Guard Station Portsmouth members responded to assist, but arrived after Marine Patrol recovered the body, which was brought to a medical examiner.
"We're just helping with the recovery," Simpson said, adding the Coast Guard will assist Marine Patrol with the investigation if needed.
"It's not correlating with any incident," Simpson said. There have been no reports of missing ships or mariners in the area, he said.
"No further details are being released at this time as officers are still involved in the initial phases of the investigation," according to a release.
Rye police referred inquiries to the Marine Patrol, which is handling the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return