Home » News » Roads and Travel
Removal process begins for Boscawen-Canterbury bridge
“There was a time when that bridge got a lot of use, back before the interstate came in,” said Hardy, Bowcawen’s land use coordinator.
It was built in 1907 and was heavily used in the first half of the last century, Hardy said. But in the mid-1960s, it was closed to traffic.
It’s in such bad shape that it can’t be saved, he said.
The state’s Division of Historical Resources has said the bridge is beyond rehabilitation and would require a complete replacement.
With the help of Underwood Engineers of Portsmouth, the towns are preparing to start the bidding process for removal of the bridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 0
- NH's abortion clinic buffer zone law in legal limbo - 0
- Protesting workers reject Market Basket's amnesty offer - 0
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Price is wrong for skidding Red Sox - 0
- Lawrence leads Fisher Cats past Senators - 0
- Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent — Pentagon - 0
- White House aide says Republicans might impeach Obama over immigration - 10
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Market Basket board: We'll 'evaluate' offer
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee