Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Belmont man charged with dealing pot after consenting to search of vehicle
A police photo of what they say are drug-related items taken from the car of Ryan J. Davis from a truck he was driving Thursday night.
Ryan J. Davis was arrested after a town police officer initiated a safety check of his car at the Route 106 Park and Ride lot, police said.
"While speaking to Davis suspected Davis was using and possibly in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia (in Davis' car)," Lt. Rich Mann said in a press release.
A written voluntary consent to search of a Ford F-150 that Davis "was in control of in the parking lot" led to the discovery of "a quantity of marijuana," Mann said.
Officers located a small metal safe, a ledger, several glass mason jars containing loose marijuana, plastic bags consistent with packaging, metal grinders, glass smoking pipes, and a quantity of cash.
The items were seized and Davis was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, a Class B Felony. Davis was booked and released on personal recognizance bail with a May 1 arraignment date in the Laconia Circuit Court.
Mann said the drug arrest is one of many the department has made recently.
"The Police Department remains committed in our efforts to take a stance against the surge of drug activity. Although this latest arrest is unrelated to recent drug incidents in our community it is very concerning to us that drug use and possession is a recurring problem," Mann said.
"Officers continue to pursue drug investigations by seeking out those who pose a risk to the health, well-being and safety of our residents," he said.
Mann urged anyone with information about suspected drug activity to contact their local police department. Belmont police can be reached at 267-8350, or via the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483