Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Marshals arrest NH fugitive in Texas
According to a press release from the U.S. Marshals Service, Richard Cybenko, 29, who has ties to the Milton area, was arrested by members of the Gulf Coast Violent Fugitive Task Force at a job site in Sugar Land, Texas.
After the Marshals Service named Cybenko "Fugitive of the Week" in September, tips sent investigators across the country to California and eventually to San Leon, Texas.
While trying to evade authorities, Cybenko had traveled the country allegedly committing more crimes and is wanted in Colorado and Texas for larceny and theft, according to authorities. He is alleged to have scammed homeowners by promising work and not performing the services.
Officials said he used a number of aliases, including Richard Hall, Albertico Gozman, Jake Noue Stott and Jon Adam Casavant.
Cybenko will be jailed in Texas until his arraignment on all of the outstanding warrants, and will then be returned to New Hampshire.
A 26-year-old woman, Ashley Jewett of San Leon, Texas, identified as Cybenko's girlfriend, was also arrested in connection with scams in the San Antonio, Texas, area.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 4
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917