Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ceremony marks completion of Stark Park renovations - 0
- Manchester festival marks being half way to St. Patrick's Day - 0
- Conservation groups join forces to protect Chocorua Lake Basin - 0
- Volunteers spruce up Greenfield State Park to celebrate its 50th anniversary - 0
- Hollis Old Home Day draws community crowd to weekend of fun, games - 0
- NH Senior Briefs: Alzheimer's education seminar Sept. 20 in Rochester - 0
- Lincoln's Highland Games time to celebrate all things Scottish - 0
- Clashing school buses and decent weather draw crowds to Rochester Fair - 0
- Troy man's heroic actions honored with monument 51 years later - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats