Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley - 0
- Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless - 0
- Win tickets to see ZZ Top - 0
- A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street - 0
- Berlin's Jericho ATV Festival extended to 3 days - 0
- When company comes, opt for variety - 0
- Salem selectmen honor retiring Special Olympics coach - 0
- Crystal Lake to be closed due to elevated E. coli bacteria - 0
- Letter of credit secured for Salem bike, pedestrian path - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride