Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Preservation of 400 acres of land in Alexandria announced - 0
- Cher cancels rest of tour, including Manchester date - 0
- Thanksgiving travel to hit highest level since ‘07 - 0
- Trio of actresses take on comic tale of getting even - 0
- Roots-rock jam band hits the road to showcase tunes off its latest disc - 0
- Holiday Arts Show to showcase fifteen Seacoast artists - 0
- Livingston Taylor brings sunny outlook to NH with 'Blue Sky' - 0
- Student performers present handful of concerts at UNH - 0
- 'Experience' tribute to Hendrix by fellow ax master Jon Butcher - 0
FEEDNH supports local nonprofits
King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Will the past be prologue in the State House with 'O'Brien II?'
20141120-FairPoint warns of mobile picketing as union brings protest to customer doorsteps
Nashua man faces enhanced drug charges