Rare bird alert
An immature golden eagle was seen hunting wild turkeys in Plainfield on March 17.
A snowy owl was reported from the Hampton area on March 18, and one was reported from Hudson on the 13th.
A female king eider continues to be seen from the Great Island Common area in New Castle and was last reported, along with two purple sandpipers, on March 15. A flock of 10 brant was seen here on the 18th
A red-breasted merganser was seen on the Merrimack River in Nashua on March 15.
An Iceland gull was seen at Field's Grove in Nashua on March 15, and an Iceland gull and a glaucous gull were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Two black-backed woodpeckers were reported from the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson on March 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taylor Momsen on going from 'Grinch', 'Gossip Girl' to provocative, powerhouse rocker - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Wine Week - a few more Spectacular samples - 0
- Guitar Maestro Uli John Roth performs in Londonderry in advance of March Release of 'Scorpions Revisited' a Double-Disc Collection of Re-Imagined Scorpions Classics - 0
- Councilor refuses to let blindness thwart his commitment to Bedford - 0
- Announcing the 2015 Country Megaticket at the XFinity Center - 0
- Tri-state Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Hosts Groundbreaking Ski & Snowboard Camp Partnerships - 0
- Londonderry blood drive scheduled for Friday - 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty
NH wants cost cap on transmission project