Girl Scout campaign stresses leadership
Linda Stewart Dalianis, the 35th New Hampshire Supreme Court Chief Justice, is one woman who has broken through the gender barrier.
"Ever since astronaut Sally Ride, the sky is no limit for women. Our teacher in space, Christa McAuliffe, as it happens, my best childhood friend, reinforced that lesson as well," said Dalianis. Dalianis was a Brownie and a Girl Scout and knows how Scouting can help a girl build five lifelong skills.
Dalianis said she applauds ToGetHerThere and the women who support the initiative to help girls a head start in becoming leaders.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 0
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too