Nashua school budget squeezed
Board member Robert Hallowell said that while Conrad drew up the list of cuts, they are not recommendations and do not reflect how the superintendent wants the school district to move forward.
Hallowell said there are other options and the board will be looking at possibilities such as using reserve accounts to buffer the effects of the budget.
"I don't think it's been determined with any specificity which teaching positions might be cut," said Farrington. Students are now in the process of choosing and scheduling classes for next year, and reductions in staff would probably depend on how many signed up for different courses.
Although BOE members acknowledge that the Board of Aldermen will not approve the school budget without significant cuts, some members are already drawing a line when it comes to cutting teachers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
- Driving range owner wants to use parking lot for airport shuttle - 0
- Uber debate comes to Portsmouth - 0
- Durham considering a law enforcement firing range - 0
- Tax exemptions on solar panels considered in Manchester - 3
- Epping proposes ordinance to restrict marijuana dispensaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 0
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Vermont's disaster: A Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose