Nashua school budget squeezed
Board member Robert Hallowell said that while Conrad drew up the list of cuts, they are not recommendations and do not reflect how the superintendent wants the school district to move forward.
Hallowell said there are other options and the board will be looking at possibilities such as using reserve accounts to buffer the effects of the budget.
"I don't think it's been determined with any specificity which teaching positions might be cut," said Farrington. Students are now in the process of choosing and scheduling classes for next year, and reductions in staff would probably depend on how many signed up for different courses.
Although BOE members acknowledge that the Board of Aldermen will not approve the school budget without significant cuts, some members are already drawing a line when it comes to cutting teachers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 9
- Milford road reopening could improve traffic flow - 0
- Town Hall hours in Salem up for debate - 0
- Coos County tax bills headed to unincorporated places - 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
- Utility pole licensing changes could raise rates in Derry - 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 1
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley