Home » News » Public Safety
Diners routed after fire alarm system failure at . restaurant
Before either could lift a fork, though, city police and fire officials abruptly closed the restaurant about 4 p.m. Friday, saying its sprinkler and alarm systems were not working.
Hunter Robinson, a spokesman for the restaurant chain, said in a statement that the restaurant "experienced a problem with our fire alarm system today and had some issues trying to resolve it, even with the assistance of the local fire department."
"This was a very frustrating day for our Manchester team, who didn't want to disappoint our guests or employees, and we feel badly about the chain of events that occurred. We want to thank the local fire and police departments for their help and patience today," the statement said.
Police Sgt. Richard Brennan said no arrests were made.
"They called us because they said the manager was getting out of control," Brennan said. "Officers went there to keep the peace and calm down the manager."
"They can't operate the establishment without a working suppression system," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'