Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown police hero honored for saving woman stabbed 15 times
Jeffrey King, right, of the Allenstown Police Department was one of five responders recently recognized for helping save the life of an 18-year-old stabbing victim King was presented with the Lifesaver Award by Chief Paul Paquette (RYAN O'CONNOR)
On Jan. 26, an 18-year-old woman was stabbed 15 times and left for dead on the side of Deerfield Road in Bear Brook State Park.
When King arrived, he acted quickly to save the victim's life, using QuickClot to slow the bleeding, said Allenstown Police Chief Paul Paquette.
"It's not something you experience everyday, even as a police officer, but training and adrenaline kick in and you do what you've been trained to do," said King.
In addition, the two unnamed Good Samaritans who stopped to help the victim and call 911 were awarded similar accolades, as were Allenstown firefighter/EMTs Jeff Gardner and Heather Hill, Tri-Town Ambulance EMT Cassie McNelly and paramedic Dina Waldron.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone