Home » News » Public Safety
Goats, chickens perish in four-alarm Gilmanton blaze
Susan Lunt, at right in grey hooded sweatshirt, walks away from her fire-damaged home and the remains of her barn at 1765 Route 140 in Gilmanton Iron Works Sunday. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
As for the loss of her home, "there's just not a lot to say about it," she said, looking downward as she spoke.
"A passer-by saw it, and the person ran up to the door and told the homeowners their barn was on fire," he said.
"I called for a fourth alarm because of the heavy winds, the need for water and the need for manpower," he said.
"There was a very heavy volume of flames," he said. "The home is uninhabitable, and the barn burned to the ground."
Gilmanton firefighters were joined by firefighting and rescue crews from Alton, Barnstead, Belmont, Center Harbor, Chichester, Epsom, Gilford, Laconia, Meredith, Northwood, New Durham, Pittsfield, Tilton and Wolfeboro.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced