Littleton’s superintendent retiring after 40 years in education
Andover resident Pfeifer came to the Littleton school district as interim superintendent for the 2012-2013 school year and was brought back as superintendent for the current year. He recently notified the Littleton School Board he is stepping down June 30.
After graduating from Germantown Academy, he enlisted in the U.S. Army and was sent overseas. While serving as a radio man in northern South Vietnam on July 27, 1967, Pfeifer and his unit came under attack by North Vietnamese Army regulars who were infiltrating the south.
Pfeifer completed his master’s degree in special education at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley. He subsequently earned a doctorate in educational administration and policy studies from the University of Pennsylvania.
“I’ve had many good teachers who mentored me and I hope that to some degree I did the same,” said Pfeifer, who added that he’ll miss the town of Littleton — “a beautiful community, a special place that has the best candy store (Chutters on Main Street)” — as well as the teachers and his fellow administrators, but mostly the 770 students in the Littleton public schools.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 14
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 11
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride