Home » News » Public Safety
Campton fire Sunday night on farmhouse roof
CAMPTON – Firefighters responded to a farmhouse fire at 117 Stickney Road Sunday night. The call came in just before 9:30 p.m. as a fire on the roof.
The home is a well-known farmhouse in town sitting on a hill at the top of Stickney Road, said Campton-Thornton Fire and Rescue Fire Chief Daniel Defosses.
Campton-Thornton toned the call out as a first-alarm fire, concerned the roof fire could spread quickly, especially with the wind on the hill, Defosses said.
Campton-Thornton firefighters were able to knock down the fire within minutes.
Firefighters from Woodstock used a ladder truck to remove the affected shingles from the roof. Using a thermal-imaging camera, firefighters detected no heat.
“Basically the fire was out at that point,” Defosses said.
“It was a small fire. Basically what happened there was a chimney fire. It looks like some of the embers from the chimney fell on the shingles and started the roof fire,” Defosses said. “No injuries, very little damage, just a few shingles basically.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law