Home » News » Public Safety
Child hit in Manchester by car operated by nun
MANCHESTER - A 7-year-old boy who darted out onto heavily traveled Maple Street Monday morning was struck by a car being operated by a nun, police said.
The child was taken to the Elliot Hospital as a precautionary measure based on non life-threatening injuries to his mouth and shoulder, police said..
Sister Catherine Conroy, 79, of the Sisters of the Holy Cross, 2298 Elm St., was driving the vehicle which struck the child just after 9 a.m. near 479 Maple St. The child was heading to school when he was hit.
Police said Sister Conroy was traveling well within the posted 30 mph speed limit, which limited the injuries suffered by the child.
His name was not immediately available, but police said his parents were notified and they went to the hospital to be with him shortly after the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose