Ray Burton's years of service to NH to be honored
The longest-serving Executive Councilor in New Hampshire history, Burton represented District 1 from 1977-1979 and from 1981-2013. A resident of Bath, Burton died there on Nov. 12, 2013 from liver cancer.
His memory will be honored again on April 10 at the Northern Region Annual Campaign Celebration and Loyal Contributor Recognition Dinner, which will be held at the White Mountain Chalet in Berlin.
"Ray didn't care if you were Republican, Democrat or Independent. If you lived in his district and you had a need, like being out of heating oil or whatever it may be, he was there and he would make the calls and make sure the person got what he needed. He was always there and I don't know if we're ever going to get that again. He was an advocate for northern New Hampshire; he was everybody's advocate."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.