Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police: Claremont teacher charged in sex assault told 14-year-old he loved her
Police said Christopher LeBlanc, 29, sexually assaulted the girl in a classroom as well as his home and a friend's house.
The affidavit includes several email messages between LeBlanc and the student including, "Just say we talked a lot but just as friends. Say what we have been saying before ... Don't mention sexual stuff."
He complimented her "endlessly" and referred to her as his "rock," the affidavit states. He also confided in her about his pending divorce.
At his arraignment Monday in the 5th Circuit Court District Division in Claremont, LeBlanc entered no plea. His bail was set at $250,000 cash at the request of Sullivan County Attorney Marc Hathaway.
"There's an ongoing investigation that is being conducted by the Claremont Police Department and that is one of the issues we are trying to establish," Hathaway said.
McGoodwin placed LeBlanc on paid administrative leave Wednesday when the allegations were reported to him. McGoodwin also contacted police Wednesday.
In an email to parents McGoodwin wrote: "I want to express my surprise and great disappointment following the arrest of a Stevens High School teacher late Friday afternoon. And though this event was very unsettling, I am confident we will continue to keep our schools safe by being observant, and maintaining open communication between school and home."
LeBlanc's probable cause hearing is set for April 1 in the district court in Newport.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483