Construction will create tight quarters for Hopkinton fire department
At town meeting, voters approved a request for $2,995,000 to create a second story and add a new bay onto the town’s main fire station in the village of Contoocook.
“We’re moving forward with a 15-year loan that’s actually at a lower interest rate than what we planned,” said O’Brien. “So that’s good.”
Some of the department’s vehicles may have to spend part of the summer outside, and the town is considering finding some temporary office space for Mumford so that administrative work can be done away from the chaos of construction.
But the short-term pain will yield long-term gains, he said, and for a department that’s been working in extremely tight quarters for a long time, those gains are welcome.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'