Home » News » Public Safety
Dions: He collected stamps, she quilted
Connie and Bob Dion, the homeowners of 210 Mooresville Road, from the Facebook page of their son, Matt Dion. ((Facebook))
He sold them at the small North Salem post office that he ran for 24 years before retiring in 2003. He collected them, apparently dedicating a room in his split-level home to his collection. And the 70-year-old took part-time jobs and weekend trips, traveling the region to meet and swap stories and stamps with other stamp collectors.
Friends of Dion and his wife, Connie, spoke fondly of the couple on Tuesday, as they wait word of an investigation into an explosion and fire in the couple's Mooresville Road home. Authorities said bodies of an adult man and woman were found in the building Monday.
Connie had her own interests. She quilted, and she proudly displayed her work on Facebook. A family friend noted she would bring quilt pieces to another one of the family's interests — Manchester Monarchs games — and quilt during the game.
At New England-area auctions, stamps usually fetch between $25 and $500, but some have exceeded $10,000, Schofield said. Dion kept his stamps in the ground floor of the Mooresville Road home, Schofield said.
"Everybody who went to the North Salem post office knew Bob," Normand said. "He was a very friendly, happy-go-lucky guy."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley