Home » News » Public Safety
Matthew Dion had returned home to live with parents
Police are seeking Matthew Dion, pictured, as a person of interest in the case.
He and Pamela Focosi got engaged. He started a Facebook account and accepted friend requests from fellow 1993 graduates. They had a child together.
Police have called Dion, who is 38, a person of interest in the fire and explosion at his parent's house at 210 Mooresville Road on Monday. Dion was the adopted son of Bob and Connie Dion.
"They did everything for that kid," he said. "That's what is puzzling me. They took very good care of him."
Dion seemed to do the same for his adopted family. Focosi came to the relationship with three children, and Dion treated them as his own, Gilmartin said.
At some point after high school, Matt Dion left Manchester and moved to Georgia, according to Jim Normand, a lawyer hired by the family.
About six years ago, he returned home with a back injury, Normand said.
"He was a smart kid, nice kid. When he returned with the injury, he was very quiet," Normand said.
The family friend said Dion seemed lost. His hair and beard were scruffy, and he avoided human contact.
Eventually he got a job, apparently at Comcast, according to the friend and Mike Focosi.
Normand said he did not know if Dion worked or was on disability.
Matt Dion met Focosi, his old Memorial classmate, through the Internet. He had never dated, but the next thing the Dions knew, Focosi was pregnant, the friend said.
"They loved the kids, they called them their grandchildren," the friend said.
But Dion mostly lived at the Mooresville Road home, Normand said.
Mike Focosi remained enrolled at Memorial High School.
The family friend said he lived with his mother; Dion drove him to school every morning, went to work and then picked him up at his parents, the friend said.
He said he was surprised when he first learned that Dion and Focosi were together. Focosi was popular during high school; Dion was nerdy, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate