The Press Room welcomes the Crushed Out duo
Crushed Out, the duo of guitarist and vocalist Franklin Russell Hoier and drummer and singer Moselle Spiller, will play The Press Room in Portsmouth on Friday night. "Crushed Out is the shine in Little Richard's teeth, the hairspray in The Ronette's beehives, the bubblegum under Jerry Lee Lewis' shoe, the twinkle in Dick Dale's eye," the duo said on its website. "We make rock 'n' roll for raucous beach parties and speeding down country roads ... We are best friends and co-conspirators. We are a modern day love story." The couple released its debut album, "Want to Give," in 2012 on their own imprint, Cool Clear Water Records. Recorded both at Brooklyn's Bunker Studio as well as Crushed Out's analog studio in a rural New Hampshire barn, the tracks were self-produced and mixed by John Davis. The disc ranges from the surf blues of "Sharkbite" and murder ballad show tune "Miss Mouse" to "Country Star," a Hank Williams/Patsy Cline-styled country song. Crushed Out has opened for the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Gories, Band of Skulls, Social Distortion, The Do, Shilpa Ray, Screaming Females and The Fleshtones. Tickets are $5-$7.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.