Paralympians offer inspiration, lessons at Loon Mountain
The event is hosted by New England Disabled Sports, which works to make a difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and helps them enjoy their first on-snow experience. The organization is a nationally recognized program that provides year-round adaptive sports instruction for adult and children with physical or cognitive disabilities.
“This program is to let the participants know they are living with a disability but they are not disabled. With the right instructions, love and compassion, they don’t have to sit on the sidelines, they can be in the game. They can ski with friends and family,” said Jack Daly, New England Disabled Sports operations manager.
New England Disabled Sports has trained instructors and equipment for winter activates that include: racing programs, cross-country skiing, winter biathlon, snowshoeing, downhill skiing and snowboarding. During the warmer months, the group offers waterskiing, cycling, paddling, golfing, surfing, scuba, sailing, hiking and camping, summer biathlon, triathlon and fishing lessons.
The event at Loon Mountain is made possible by the Arbella Insurance Foundation, which donated $50,000 to the New England Disabled Sports as part of a total of 25 donations totaling $1.25 million to celebrate its 25th anniversary.For more information visit www.nedisabledsports.org.
- KORN Take On The 'Haters' With New Fan-assisted Video - 0
- Proposed Hike Safe Card Rule Hearing Set for September 8 - 0
- Mr. Mac's announces a new fundraiser program - 0
- Loeb School Seeks 1st Amendment Award Nominees - 0
- Loeb School offers Public Speaking Workshop Sept 13th - 0
- Conservation Officers and OHRV Safety Instructor Honored - 0
- Ted Nugent wraps up summer 'SHUTUP&JAM!' Tour with Sold-Out Concert benefitting The 'Show Of Support Memorial' For Our Troops - 0
- Folk legend John Gorka live in concert at the Peterborough Players Theatre - 0
- Goffstown resident obtains driveway permit waiver, but still questions practice - 0
Billy Ray Cyrus joins Dave Stewart, Martina McBride and an all-star crowd for 'The Beatles' 50th at the Bowl' Aug. 22-24 at the Hollywood BowlREADER COMMENTS: 0
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
NH business taxes among highest, study finds
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
AG asked to investigate Hemingway campaign donations after complaint filed by Grantham attorney with Sununu ties