Paralympians offer inspiration, lessons at Loon Mountain
The event is hosted by New England Disabled Sports, which works to make a difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and helps them enjoy their first on-snow experience. The organization is a nationally recognized program that provides year-round adaptive sports instruction for adult and children with physical or cognitive disabilities.
“This program is to let the participants know they are living with a disability but they are not disabled. With the right instructions, love and compassion, they don’t have to sit on the sidelines, they can be in the game. They can ski with friends and family,” said Jack Daly, New England Disabled Sports operations manager.
New England Disabled Sports has trained instructors and equipment for winter activates that include: racing programs, cross-country skiing, winter biathlon, snowshoeing, downhill skiing and snowboarding. During the warmer months, the group offers waterskiing, cycling, paddling, golfing, surfing, scuba, sailing, hiking and camping, summer biathlon, triathlon and fishing lessons.
The event at Loon Mountain is made possible by the Arbella Insurance Foundation, which donated $50,000 to the New England Disabled Sports as part of a total of 25 donations totaling $1.25 million to celebrate its 25th anniversary.For more information visit www.nedisabledsports.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Becky Rule to tell tales at the Corner House Inn - 0
- Pianist Sergei Novikov talks about heart of performance - 0
- Kimberly Anderson Ritchie, Rock Tripe Lichen, Installation: silkscreen and monoprint on maps - 0
- Comedienne Paula Poundstone Brings Laughter to Plymouth - 0
- Rockingham Community Action brightening holidays for needy - 0
- Good news for residents near former wastewater plant - 0
- Windham club brings Christmas cheer to vets - 0
- Candlelight memorial in Keene for the homeless - 0
- Keene shelter joins in homeless vigil on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Kimberly Anderson Ritchie, Rock Tripe Lichen, Installation: silkscreen and monoprint on maps
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Police arrest pair after bullets fly