Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man allegedly beaten by former Salem police officer sentenced for pursuit
Templeton, who has served 172 days in county jail, will serve a 12-month sentence for the felony charge. He received a second 12-month sentence that will be deferred if he remains on good behavior.
Templeton will likely be a key witness in the case against Joseph Freda, a former Salem police officer, who is charged with striking Templeton in the head with a flashlight and stepping on his hands while Templeton was handcuffed and seated on the ground. The alleged assault happened moments after a state trooper and Windham police sergeant had arrested Templeton on Oct. 6, 2013.
"He caught up to him at a gas station," Bolton said, where Templeton asked the officer where he could get cash for some gas.
Bolton said Templeton drove between 90 to 100 mph as he fled southbound on Interstate 93 to Exit 2 and through Salem. State Trooper Andrew Monaco took over the pursuit once it reached the interstate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483