Manchester school board to invite Hooksett and Candia to sit on committee
The board's Curriculum and Instruction Committee voted unanimously on Tuesday to send letters to the school boards of the towns, inviting each to select a member to join the committee.
Parents in Hooksett and Candia have criticized large class sizes and other issues in Manchester high schools.
"I think it's always been important to include them in the discussion, but now is a great time to take a step forward in moving in that direction," she said. "We want to include them as much as possible in the curriculum discussion. That would affect Candia and Hooksett more than anything."
"There has always been an open invitation to any member of the boards to come, but this would be an official invitation, to have one of their members be standing members," Connors said.
The district gets about $7 million in tuition revenue from its sending towns, although this amount has declined since last year as Hooksett began sending students elsewhere.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman seeks to halt accidents, install traffic signals at busy Manchester intersection - 4
- Derry board to consider proposal to extend commercial zoning along Route 28 - 0
- Nashua's Broad Street Parkway on track to open August 2015 - 0
- Work to support Sullivan County agriculture made possible with USDA grant - 0
- Claremont to negotiate $1 sale of historic Sawtooth Building - 0
- Hampton board denies appeal in beach condo complaint over AT&T antennas - 0
- Deadline pressure to adopt new Nashua budget - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 5
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride